Monday 4 November 2013

October Travels: England!

Mike writes:

After two nights back in Brazil, it was on the bus again to Saõ Paulo's Guarulhos airport, to take a flight to Manchester via London Heathrow. To be honest I was pretty weary of travelling, and I wasn't really looking forward to eleven-and-a-half hours in an economy (or "World Traveller") seat. So on the bus journey I prayed "God, if possible, an upgrade would be really great!"

When I checked in at the desk, the lady said "Good news for you Mr. Leal, we're upgrading you!" Thank you Lord!


British Airways 747 with my World Traveller PLUS seat waiting for me

So from Heathrow after a 40 minute flight to Manchester, and a 2-hour train journey, I arrived in Carlisle. On Monday (14th Oct) we started our annual IT Meetings, which finished at lunchtime on Friday. I then took the train down to Shrewsbury to spend the weekend with my mother. Another meeting, this time in Birmingham on Monday (21st), and then down to Brighton to visit our home church Holland Road Baptist Church. After a bit of shopping for some essentials (like Coco Pops), I headed back to Heathrow for a flight back to Brazil, where I arrived quite weary early on the morning of 25th. Phew! 


A pretty tiring but worthwhile trip! I thank God for safe journeys, great meetings, the chance to visit family, and to talk to several friends at our great church!

No big trips planned for November or December!


No comments:

Post a Comment